Project

General

Profile

tickets #115091

debuginfod.opensuse.org - not synced debuginfo packages

Added by marxin about 2 months ago. Updated about 2 months ago.

Status:
In Progress
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2022-08-08
Due date:
% Done:

30%

Estimated time:

Description

Apparently, the packages are not synced to a Provo machine where we run debuginfod.opensuse.org server.

History

#1 Updated by marxin about 2 months ago

  • Tracker changed from communication to tickets

#2 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

  • Assignee set to lrupp
  • Private changed from Yes to No

I don't seem to have any access, there is no infra.o.o address and it does not respond to ssh. I can't find it mentioned in our "machine list" in the admin wiki either. I see that Lars announced it: https://progress.opensuse.org/news/94 - maybe he knows more?

#3 Updated by marxin about 2 months ago

pjessen wrote:

I don't seem to have any access, there is no infra.o.o address and it does not respond to ssh. I can't find it mentioned in our "machine list" in the admin wiki either. I see that Lars announced it: https://progress.opensuse.org/news/94 - maybe he knows more?

The machine we use is: provo-mirror.opensuse.org

#4 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

marxin wrote:

pjessen wrote:

I don't seem to have any access, there is no infra.o.o address and it does not respond to ssh. I can't find it mentioned in our "machine list" in the admin wiki either. I see that Lars announced it: https://progress.opensuse.org/news/94 - maybe he knows more?

The machine we use is: provo-mirror.opensuse.org

Aha, okay. That one I have access to :-)

Last week, Lars set up a new continuously running rsync scheme, but I think he accidentally left out debug.

#5 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

pjessen wrote:

Last week, Lars set up a new continuously running rsync scheme, but I think he accidentally left out debug.

The same thing on rsync.o.o

#6 Updated by marxin about 2 months ago

Aha, okay. That one I have access to :-)

Last week, Lars set up a new continuously running rsync scheme, but I think he accidentally left out debug.

Will you be able to fix that, please? Btw. do we still face a connection issue in between rsync.o.o and the Provo server? I remember Lars told me the connections was basically slow (so he disabled syncing of debug packages).

#7 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

marxin wrote:

Aha, okay. That one I have access to :-)

Last week, Lars set up a new continuously running rsync scheme, but I think he accidentally left out debug.

Will you be able to fix that, please?

Yes, I'll take a look at it.

Btw. do we still face a connection issue in between rsync.o.o and the Provo server?
I remember Lars told me the connections was basically slow (so he disabled syncing of debug packages).

Yes, the connection to provo is still basically slow. Do you know if there was a reason for running debuginfod in Provo?

#8 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Assignee changed from lrupp to pjessen

#9 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 30

For now, I have just created /home/mirror/bin/loop_debug.sh and started it with nohup. I need to look into how to use screen.

#10 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

Have started the same job on rsync.o.o. The job on provo-mirror has not yet finished a full run.

#11 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

The rsync is running, just very slowly. It looks like it is almost done - the new files have gone into ".~/tmp~" directories and will be moved into place when it is all done (--delay-updates).

#12 Updated by pjessen about 2 months ago

The full rsync to provo-mirror finished this morning at around 06:48 UTC, i.e. about an hour ago.
rsync stats:

Number of files: 226,984 (reg: 226,834, dir: 148, link: 2)
Number of created files: 11,154 (reg: 11,154)
Number of deleted files: 0
Number of regular files transferred: 11,182
Total file size: 1,641,944,482,798 bytes
Total transferred file size: 31,366,051,220 bytes
Literal data: 0 bytes
Matched data: 31,366,051,220 bytes
File list size: 13,314,044
File list generation time: 3.099 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 47,870,282
Total bytes received: 44,596,447

sent 47,870,282 bytes  received 44,596,447 bytes  99,587.21 bytes/sec
total size is 1,641,944,482,798  speedup is 17,757.14

Currently on provo-mirror:

01:34 pontifex (provo-mirror):/srv/ftp/pub/opensuse/debug # du -hsxc *
360G    distribution
149G    tumbleweed
1022G   update
1.5T    total

Also available in: Atom PDF