openQA Project - coordination #109846: [epic] Ensure all our database tables accomodate enough data, e.g. bigint for ids
[timeboxed][10h] Configure write of I/O panels to be on the negative Y-axis again once we're on grafana 8.4 size:S
With https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/112733 we got new I/O panels for the webui. Unfortunately the current grafana version at that time didn't support negative Y-axis as series overwrite (see https://github.com/grafana/grafana/discussions/38202#discussioncomment-2134179). Once at 8.4 we should introduce that feature back for better readability.
- AC1: IO panels on https://stats.openqa-monitor.qa.suse.de/d/WebuiDb/webui-summary?orgId=1 have their write-metric on a negative Y-axis again
- Take a look at https://github.com/grafana/grafana/pull/44774 for screenshots how to configure it for all 3 panels
- Find out how to ensure the writing is in the lower half of the graph
- Help out package maintainers to release grafana 8.4 in opensuse
#8 Updated by cdywan about 2 months ago
- Subject changed from Configure write of I/O panels to be on the negative Y-axis again once we're on grafana 8.4 to [timeboxed][10h] Configure write of I/O panels to be on the negative Y-axis again once we're on grafana 8.4 size:S
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
#9 Updated by osukup about 2 months ago
#11 Updated by mkittler about 2 months ago
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
Let's see whether the latest 8.x version builds: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:mkittler:branches:server:monitoring/grafana
Seems like it does, SR: https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/993799
#12 Updated by mkittler about 2 months ago
Unfortunately it is not that easy: https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/993799?notification_id=33907059#comment-1660560
#13 Updated by mkittler about 2 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
It could be worked around. Had to create a new SR: https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/994121
Let's see whether it is good enough for the maintainer. I also built and installed the package locally and it worked (including web UI assets).
EDIT: The maintainer wants to upgrade to a 8.3.x version for backporting first and will accept my SR when it is done.
#15 Updated by mkittler about 1 month ago
The package has been accepted. Since we're using http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/15.4 anyways I can now install and configure it.
#16 Updated by mkittler about 1 month ago
I've updated the monitoring host and it works. SR for vda: https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/salt-states-openqa/-/merge_requests/728