coordination #111860: [epic] Upgrade all our infrastructure, e.g. o3+osd workers+webui and production workloads, to openSUSE Leap 15.4
Upgrade CI container image versions to Leap 15.4 size:M
We should run a supported version of Leap.
- AC1: Ensure all CI container images we use are on Leap 15.4
- DONE: Read #99240 about which container images we need to care about
- DONE: Add the list to this ticket description (not just comment) so that we have a good reference for the next time
- DONE: Find out where we use images
- Following list:
- DONE: All references in os-autoinst, template: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/1784 -> https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/2122
- DONE: All references in openQA, template: https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/4257 and https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/4258 -> https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/4745
- DONE: SUSE internal CI base images: https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/ci/ -> already Tumbleweed or different image, no change needed
- DONE: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA:ci/base -> Updated config and ensured images are built also after upgrade of Dockerfile from openQA
- DONE: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA/openqa_dev
- DONE: SUSE internal OSD deployment, template: https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/osd-deployment/-/merge_requests/39 -> already Tumbleweed or different image, no change needed
- DONE: Reconfigure container images to be based on 15.4
- Don't use super powers to ignore CI test failures
#9 Updated by cdywan about 1 month ago
We talked about it in the Unblock. We seem mostly in favor of using Tumbleweed again. And a suggestion was made that we can check the glibc version, so that the container build will fail if it changes and we can make sure it still works/ when to upgrade once that happens.
#13 Updated by okurz about 1 month ago
[ 15s] Can't locate builtin.pm in @INC (you may need to install the builtin module) (@INC contains: /.build /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.36.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.36.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.36.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.36.0 /usr/lib/perl5/5.36.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.36.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.36.0/File/Copy.pm line 14. [ 15s] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/5.36.0/File/Copy.pm line 14. [ 15s] Compilation failed in require at /.build/runservices line 29. [ 15s] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /.build/runservices line 29.
no clue about that currently
- Description updated (diff)
The above problem was in the build service. With the help from "Nei" in irc://chat.libera.chat/opensuse-factory we found a workaround and https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/989358 was created. I found and fixed some more problems and warnings, had them all fixed and now https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/2124 is merged.
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
openQA is now also fully based on Leap 15.4. I manually triggered a new build in https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA/isotovideo-qemu-kvm, https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA/isotovideo-os-autoinst-distri-opensuse and https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA/isotovideo-qemu-x86 and they are ok.
Still waiting for approval in https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/4748
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
[ 60s] Problem: the to be installed opencv3-devel-3.4.16-150400.1.9.x86_64 requires 'libopencv3_4 = 3.4.16', but this requirement cannot be provided [ 60s] not installable providers: libopencv3_4-3.4.16-150400.1.9.x86_64[obs_repository] [ 60s] Solution 1: deinstallation of patterns-base-fips-20200505-lp154.5.2.x86_64 [ 60s] Solution 2: do not ask to install a solvable providing pkgconfig(opencv) [ 60s] Solution 3: break opencv3-devel-3.4.16-150400.1.9.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies [ 60s]
the to be installed opencv-devel-4.5.5-150400.1.28.x86_64 requires 'libopencv_videoio405 = 4.5.5', but this requirement cannot be provided [ 137s] not installable providers: libopencv_videoio405-4.5.5-150400.1.28.x86_64[obs_repository] [ 137s] Solution 1: deinstallation of patterns-base-fips-20200505-lp154.5.2.x86_64
which I can't reproduce locally when just using e.g. with podman build ... . Is there some special OBS repo added to build containers here? Something to add in the project config to resolve? Asked in https://matrix.to/#/!FlfFztBGbhgNNtDbhN:libera.chat/$aQUbMQ9X0xe7yG5ViurkujwtzUI4lnTo-AVpBG_kYc0
- Due date deleted (
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Solution was provided by fvogt in https://matrix.to/#/!FlfFztBGbhgNNtDbhN:libera.chat/$xskCsQDgq03b3e0HhmjpdfKd9Oa0l_EB95fdPGbGAXY and following:
Sounds like the prjconf is missing the workaround for a long standing OBS bug
Actually, you explicitly removed the workaround in your prjconf from devel:openQA:ci
You write !patterns-base-fips, but the ! is wrong, remove it
can you explain the error messages to us and how the prjconf chance fixes it?
Fixed it with the according change in https://build.opensuse.org/projects/devel:openQA:ci/prjconf, then https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA:ci/base rebuilt on top of Leap 15.4 and os-autoinst based on Tumbleweed. Then I retriggered a circleCI job dependencies-pr which updated https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/4757