Project

General

Profile

action #104088

bot-ng pipeline consistently fails with KeyError: 'test_issues'

Added by cdywan 5 months ago. Updated 5 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Target version:
Start date:
2021-12-16
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

bot-ng pipeline consistently fails like so:

ERROR: Missing product in /etc/openqabot/bot.yml
ERROR: Missing product in /etc/openqabot/mr.yml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bot-ng.py", line 5, in <module>
    main()
  File "/builds/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/openqabot/main.py", line 40, in main
    sys.exit(cfg.func(cfg))
  File "/builds/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/openqabot/args.py", line 32, in do_aggregate_schedule
    bot = OpenQABot(args)
  File "/builds/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/openqabot/openqabot.py", line 26, in __init__
    args.configs, args.disable_aggregates, args.disable_incidents, extrasettings
  File "/builds/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/openqabot/loader/config.py", line 47, in load_metadata
    ret.append(Aggregate(data["product"], settings, data[key]))
  File "/builds/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/openqabot/types/aggregate.py", line 29, in __init__
    self.test_issues = self.normalize_repos(config)
  File "/builds/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/openqabot/types/aggregate.py", line 35, in normalize_repos
    for key, value in config["test_issues"].items()
KeyError: 'test_issues'

A re-trigger did not make a difference.

History

#1 Updated by cdywan 5 months ago

  • Target version set to Ready

#2 Updated by okurz 5 months ago

  • Priority changed from High to Urgent

#3 Updated by okurz 5 months ago

but if bot-ng "can't find updates" I still consider the impact of SUSE IT EngInfra maintenance likely

#4 Updated by coolo 5 months ago

If - but there is no such string in the error

#5 Updated by okurz 5 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Assignee set to okurz

doing https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/metadata/-/merge_requests/555 with a revert of https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/metadata/-/commit/550ee0e22abe415bbca1d1d67c716dc9e8ac9249

As coolo explained:
the aggregate hash has no issues configured, which makes it invalid as without incidents there is nothing to aggregate.
looks like some yaml lint is due on metadata PRs

#6 Updated by okurz 5 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
  • Priority changed from Urgent to High

I reverted and merged and will retrigger the run in bot-ng.
Now it's the IT maintenance window https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/-/jobs/747709#L17

fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/bot-ng.git/': Could not resolve host: gitlab.suse.de

So I don't want to waste more time with that and we wait until the next day or at least after the SUSE IT maintenance window

#7 Updated by jbaier_cz 5 months ago

okurz wrote:

fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/bot-ng.git/': Could not resolve host: gitlab.suse.de

So I don't want to waste more time with that and we wait until the next day or at least after the SUSE IT maintenance window

That is unfortunately not a maintenance window, that is some sort of known problem inside the already deprecated CAASP cluster where the runners are. A ticket for that exists somewhere (saw it in the past)...

#8 Updated by okurz 5 months ago

Yes, you are right. In the meantime another retrigger worked ok. I assume the problem is fixed. I asked pdostal and fniederwanger if they could include YAML lint checks in the repository to prevent a similar situation in the future.

I also created https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/-/merge_requests/43 for an explicit error and suggestion in such situation

#9 Updated by jbaier_cz 5 months ago

okurz wrote:

I asked pdostal and fniederwanger if they could include YAML lint checks in the repository to prevent a similar situation in the future.

There actually are some checks in that repository already, for example https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/metadata/-/blob/master/t/bot.t Unfortunately, it seems it is limited to the old directory only. We definitely need to extend those tests and if we have expected attributes in the metadata we should do a scheme validation.

#10 Updated by okurz 5 months ago

That part was done with https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/metadata/-/merge_requests/557 which I think is sufficient as a check for the repo for now.

#11 Updated by jbaier_cz 5 months ago

There is also https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/metadata/-/merge_requests/560 which could solve this (and similar) issue in the long run.

#12 Updated by cdywan 5 months ago

jbaier_cz wrote:

There is also https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/metadata/-/merge_requests/560 which could solve this (and similar) issue in the long run.

Merged

okurz wrote:

I also created https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/bot-ng/-/merge_requests/43 for an explicit error and suggestion in such situation

Merged

#13 Updated by okurz 5 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

well, ok. Then this is done

Also available in: Atom PDF