[timebox:8h] Investigate failure in ibft - no /var/log/YaST2/mkinitrd.log
ibft.pm seems to fail while grepping for the contents of /var/log/YaST2/mkinitrd.log, which does not exist in the system under test.
openQA test in scenario sle-15-SP4-Online-x86_64-autoyast_iscsi_ibft@64bit fails in
Test suite description¶
AutoYaST ibft installation on iSCSI disk. iSCSI configuration is validated in the installed system, as well as cloned profile is verified to check relevant sections.
Last good: (unknown) (or more recent)
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#1 Updated by geor over 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
#2 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 1 year ago
- Priority changed from Normal to High
#3 Updated by oorlov over 1 year ago
- Tags deleted (
- Status changed from New to Workable
Please, check with YaST development team, if they removed the
/var/log/YaST2/mkinitrd.log log intentionally.
Identify it it is an issue or not, then act respectively: if it is a bug, create a ticket on Bugzilla, if not, fix the test module.
#4 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Investigate failure in ibft - no /var/log/YaST2/mkinitrd.log to [timebox:8h] Investigate failure in ibft - no /var/log/YaST2/mkinitrd.log
#5 Updated by openqa_review over 1 year ago
This is an autogenerated message for openQA integration by the openqa_review script:
This bug is still referenced in a failing openQA test: iscsi_ibft
To prevent further reminder comments one of the following options should be followed:
- The test scenario is fixed by applying the bug fix to the tested product or the test is adjusted
- The openQA job group is moved to "Released" or "EOL" (End-of-Life)
- The bugref in the openQA scenario is removed or replaced, e.g.
#6 Updated by geor over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
- Assignee set to geor
#7 Updated by geor over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
Filed bug for missing mkinitrd.log file after installation: https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1194335
#8 Updated by geor over 1 year ago
So according to the comments in bugzilla, yast2-bootloader calls dracut now instead of mkinitrd, so, as expected, no /var/log/YaST2/mkinitrd.log is present now.
So this is not an issue, which raises the question, what should we do with the failing test? Should we modify it to grep for the iscsi ibft info in the y2log (if listed in the log)?
#9 Updated by geor over 1 year ago
Grepping mkinitrd log only for <15-SP4, grepping y2log for the rest : PR