action #9716: livecdreboot - rename and tidy
bootmenu/grub2 timeout expire before needle matching
Bugs in existing tests
(Total: 0.00 h)
openqa needles matching at the moment on grub2 boot (timeout 8 sec.) is to slow comparing to 8 seconds for grub.
The result is that needle will not found, because timeout has expired, or we don't go on boot-read-only-snapshot.
At the moment we have many needles that are potential candidates;
My suggestions are:
- clean up needles. ( i don't see a stable solution, because needles could grow in future and we will have same issue.
- stop the grub2 timeout, only for the reboot_after_install/first boot test.
- modify the api or adapt this test in a special way for this.
- Subject changed from needles bootmenu/grub2 need to be reduced to bootmenu/grub2 timeout expire before needle matching
- Target version set to 154
- Category set to Bugs in existing tests
- Checklist set to [ ] SLE 12, [ ] Tumbleweed, [ ] Leap
- Target version changed from 154 to 162
- Assignee set to dmaiocchi
- Parent task set to #9716
dmaiocchi is working on #9716 so he is probably touching this already
yes, that's true. so i check the timeout in after_install/migration test-case, so i don't know if we use in another scenarios. I know that Richard has changed the timeout globally in tests. so we can assume is already done.
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
I don't think we can regard this as resolved as long as there is no change in the tests. Reference the merged commit or PR if this is done.
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
I consider this solved since
Author: Max Lin email@example.com
Date: Fri Jan 22 13:09:23 2016 +0800
Send 'up' key in order to prevent grub2 timeout before boot_snapshot entry found
dmaiocchi changed the 'up' to 'esc' but seems to still work ;-)
yop, how can we close the task?. Up were a little critical since for any bug grub would start from 2nd menu-entry, up would go to 1one. so esc might be better. :)
- Checklist set to [x] SLE 12
- Checklist set to [x] Tumbleweed
- Checklist set to [x] Leap
ok, so 'esc' is actually a better choice. This task is "resolved", i.e. equivalent to being closed
- Target version changed from 162 to Milestone 1
Also available in: Atom