We need to tag individual modules (e.g. LTP tests) within a job. Presently we (kernel qa) do this within job comments using syntax like "test123: bug#123". This requires parsing job comments.
Other teams have different solutions, like parsing external YAML files and marking individual modules as soft-failed.
Providing a single structured data source in OpenQA will simplify reporting and bug tag propagation.
Provide simple interface through OpenQA to:
- assign a bug to a job module
- query the bug assigned to a job module
- remove a bug from a job module
I think a single reference to one bug tracker is sufficient. Related items in other trackers can be handled by one external tracker (e.g. Redmine).
- Propagate bugs from one build to the next
- Notifications or reporting
- External service and database (e.g https://gitlab.suse.de/kernel-qa/bugtags)