[timeboxed:20h] vanastasiadis: Learn about Perl and Perl development
As a member of the qa-tools squad, I want to teach myself how to program in perl as well as best practices, in order to be able to contribute in all aspects of openQA development.
- AC1:Know the basics and best practices of Perl programming and be able to write sufficiently complex code
- AC2: Be able to read and understand existing Perl code in openQA repositories
- read http://modernperlbooks.com/books/modern_perl_2016/index.html (suggestion by okurz)
- test acquired knowledge by examining openQA code
Everyone who wishes to contribute learning/training resources regarding Perl can do so in the comments.
- Study specified resources
- Evaluate acquired knowledge