coordination #58184: [saga][epic][use case] full version control awareness within openQA, e.g. user forks and branches, fully versioned test schedules and configuration settings
coordination #88561: [epic] Extend needle version control handling
text field for git commit details in needle editor
See Use case 4
and came up as idea during the SUSE QE Tools workshop 2021-02-12: When saving needles from the webUI we already store "who", "when", "what" but the "why" can only be encoded into the filename. As we store every needle in git we could benefit from an optional text field to fill into git commit details
- AC1: The body of automatically generated git commits can be filled from text that the user enters over the webUI needle editor
- AC2: Users can still save needles without needing to fill the optional details
- Research how we already save the current user name into git and how we read out the optional reason field in the needle editor
- Add a test!
- Add a text field over the webUI needle editor to take an optional git commit message body (or subject overriding the current auto-generated?)
- If text in optional text field then save that in the git commit message
- Due date set to 2021-03-05
Setting due date based on mean cycle time of SUSE QE Tools
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
Only waiting for codecov to merge the PR.
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
The PR has been merged. Having it tested locally should be sufficient, I'm not going to create a test commit in the production repository. (We can always reopen the ticket if it doesn't work in production.)
That's ok. However, this ticket could be another feature that we might want to provide some marketing about. So, could you maybe present that in a SUSE QE Tools workshop or a blog post or mailing list post or video (or feature tour addition)?
- Due date deleted (
Also available in: Atom