coordination #71242: [epic] Unify validation in the installed system
Verify network configuration in the installed system
During installation when we click on Network Settings we can see the following defaults for x86_64 (qemu):
Only 1 device listed.
- Device name: eth0
- Configured with DHCP (both versions 4 and 6)
- Started automatically at boot Hostname/DNS:
- Set Hostname via DHCP 'yes:any'
- DNS Configuration: Default policy Routing:
- Forwarding is disabled and routing table is empty.
On installation Settings we have additionally:
- Using wicked (only the information above is displayed for wicked, for NM see bsc#1181354
We could run validations to check all those defaults, for example using:
- ip link show
- config files under /etc/sysconfig/network (even check those empty ones).
- readlink /etc/systemd/system/network.service Prepare the test data structure in a way that would be easy to expand for future testing with yast2 lan module and validation could be reused. We should consider that for other architectures might be some differences in the validation so we can provide those as test data. Consider to borrow some checks from what is already develop, for example to check which network manager is used.
#5 Updated by JERiveraMoya 7 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback