openQA WebUI - Missing duration info for failed test
In the openQA WebUI we have the duration of each succeeded test, but there is no duration info for failed tests.
It could be useful to display the duration, even in the case of a failure.
- AC1: The openQA job details page for completed jobs shows a time duration for failed test modules as well
Out of scope¶
- It is not necessary for the time to show up for a failed module while a job is still running
- It is not necessary for the time to show up for a failed or incomplete module when a job incompletes
- look into how the execution time is recorded, e.g. in t/17-basetest.t on the bottom in the subtest "execute_time".
#1 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Feature requests
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Target version set to future
Good finding. I agree that this could be useful. I think it could be a bit tricky to implement though as our current approach probably relies on the correct execution of a single test module by os-autoinst so openQA just parses what is available. Tricky but certainly not impossible. In the end, often enough there are surprises in the form of "this was easier than expected!". Maybe one more reason why this does not necessarily need to be done by the SUSE QA Tools team :)
A good start could be to look into how the execution time is recorded, e.g. in t/17-basetest.t on the bottom in the subtest "execute_time".