See parent #19720
- AC1: Any changes in packages installed on worker machines between "last good" and "current" are available in "investigation" UI tab
- AC2: The solution within openQA is agnostic to the operating system of the openQA worker, e.g. no hardcoded
rpm -qawithin openQA code
- see #19720#note-14 and #19720#note-15 for preliminary evaluations
- 1st step: Collect the data, e.g. if a hook is defined in worker config, call command on worker at end of job, e.g. with suggestion
rpm -qafor openSUSE/SLE machines, save data in text file, upload text file (same as other log files)
- 2nd step: Show the diff in "investigate" route if file(s) exist, same as we do for vars.json
- It might be that overall this is producing too much data to handle on worker side
Added a PR to activate the feature in salt configuration
- Due date set to 2020-10-06
- Target version changed from future to Ready
PACKAGES_CMDbe set in the
worker.inito enable the feature?
- Can we have a post somewhere explaining how this works? Demonstrating configuration as well as results.
You are right. IMHO PACKAGES_CMD should be within etc/openqa/workers.ini as an example.
I am adding this ticket back to our backlog as we work on it and I think we should better track it in "Ready". Also setting a due date.
I recommend to do three things now:
- Enable in o3 workers
- Enable in osd workers
- Add as example in PACKAGES_CMD
- Status changed from Workable to Resolved
- Assignee set to ilausuch
I am stumbling over this ticket again. As the main feature is properly done with good test coverage I would regard this as "Resolved" as I don't see us having the capacity to enable and test in o3+osd infrastructure and also not urgent. Let's see what the next opportunity will be where we would benefit from that :)