[tests][services] Tests for systemd services and/or the daemon wrapper scripts and wrong arguments should exit services with failure
See regression discussed in #68164
- AC1: Tests exists for systemd services executed in every pull request
- AC2: Prevent wrong arguments exiting the service with success
- We already put most of the logic into wrapper scripts so maybe we can just get along without testing systemd at all but we need tests for the wrapper scripts. Try out how the tests can be tested, e.g. very simple high-level tests that services start up correctly when using these scripts.
- Research how to best test systemd service in our test setup, if at all
- Subject changed from Tests for systemd services and/or the daemon wrapper scripts and wrong arguments should exit services with failure to [tests][services] Tests for systemd services and/or the daemon wrapper scripts and wrong arguments should exit services with failure
- Due date changed from 2020-10-09 to 2020-10-23
I had created https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3440 to add tests for shell scripts. In https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3441#issuecomment-706010354 first I am asking what we expect from upstream mojo behaviour.
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
upstream mojo does the same now in https://github.com/mojolicious/mojo/commit/82efa95bbe28a69df57e16ffe3232e3ab8b3f766 . Then I waited until we had the new package and https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3441 turned green \o/ … and we merged.