[functional][y] Test ENV_ACTIVATE_LUKS boot option
Initially filed as a bug by customer who had to enter password 96 times for encrypted partitions.
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc is also updated.
Trello card content copy:
Find a way to skip activation of (all?) encrypted devices during probing that can be reasonably implemented on time for SP2. Likely an environment variable.
Take AutoYaST into account.
Let's implement the most simple fix: an ENV variable to disable activation of encrypted devices during probing.
YaST understands the environment variable YAST_ACTIVATE_LUKS. With YAST_ACTIVATE_LUKS=0 the activation of luks can be disabled.
AutoYaST should not be affected by the change. AutoYaST tries all password in the profile without user interaction.
- Apparently different rubocop rules in SP1 and SP2.
Scope is 64bit
- Installation with
YAST_ACTIVATE_LUKS=0boot option is tested
- Cancellation of the encrypted partitions activation is validated (e.g. by successful partitioning of that disk)
#4 Updated by oorlov about 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
The feature tested. Covered scenarios:
Installation is performed on the system with previously encrypted drives.
- YAST_ACTIVATE_LUKS=0 -> Popups with the password prompts were not shown, encryption is cancelled;
- New partitioning is performed;
- System is installed and booted.