limit "keep_logs_in_days" to "keep_results_in_days" in webUI
http://open.qa/docs/#_cleanup correctly mentions "NOTE Deletion of job results includes deletion of logs and will cause the job to be completely removed from the database." but for example in #64824 we see job groups which have values for "keep_logs_in_days" which are higher than "keep_results_in_days". Would it make sense to prevent this to make it explicit to users that logs will not be kept as long as they selected?
- AC1: prevent
keep_logs_in_daysbeing higher than
- Try to limit in internal controller method throwing error that is displayed in UI. If not feasible then handle in API or even just in UI
#2 Updated by mkittler about 1 year ago
keep_results_in_days is the limit for deleting the whole job (deletes the database entry and all data stored on the disk).
keep_logs_in_days is as the name suggests just for deleting logs (
ulogs, ... but not screenshots).
EDIT: I misread the description. Yes, it makes sense to prevent
keep_logs_in_days being higher than
- Subject changed from does it make sense to limit "keep_logs_in_days" to "keep_results_in_days" in webUI? to limit "keep_logs_in_days" to "keep_results_in_days" in webUI
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Target version set to Ready
- Difficulty set to easy