Project

General

Profile

action #64361

load_templates or something else creates invalid test suites

Added by dancermak over 2 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Category:
Concrete Bugs
Target version:
Start date:
2020-03-10
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:

Description

I have setup a new openQA test instance on a Leap 15.1 VM to try and reproduce some test failures on o3. However, during the setup, I found that (probably) the load_templates script produced odd test suites. For instance:

EXTRA=ARRAY(0x5618f1aa7aa8)
SYSTEM_ROLE=ARRAY(0x5618f1af9c18)

for MicroOS-admin instead of the expected:

EXTRA=FEATURES
SYSTEM_ROLE=admin

as it shows up on o3.

This appears to affect all settings of every test suite that was added. The variable names are correct, as are the test names and the descriptions, just the values are wrong.

For reference, I have populated the settings as follows:

/usr/share/openqa/script/fetchneedles
/var/lib/openqa/share/tests/opensuse/products/opensuse/templates --host openqa.opensuse.org --apikey $APIKEY --apisecret $APISECRET
/usr/share/openqa/script/dump_templates --host openqa.opensuse.org > templates.json
/usr/share/openqa/script/load_templates --host localhost --update templates.json

History

#1 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago

  • Category set to Concrete Bugs
  • Assignee set to cdywan
  • Priority changed from Normal to High

cdywan could you please check if this is a recent regression?

#2 Updated by tinita over 2 years ago

Reproduced here...

If I call load_templates a second time, it complains with:

Internal Server Error: Unable to create group with existing name openSUSE Tumbleweed s390x

but the ARRAY entries are fixed.

#3 Updated by tinita over 2 years ago

Actually, the template.json already contains the wrong ARRAY values (in the Products entry).

See https://openqa.opensuse.org/admin/products and search for KDE-Live for example.

But load_templates adds it to all testsuites.

#4 Updated by cdywan over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Target version set to Current Sprint

We traced this back to switching away from the query calls, which affecs how settings are loaded.

A work-around is identified which we can use, see work in progress PR https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/2822

#5 Updated by cdywan over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback

#6 Updated by dancermak over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed

I have retried my previous steps and the script no longer produces bogus test suites.

Thank you for fixing this!

#7 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Closed to Resolved

Great to see that the issue is fixed for you. We use "Resolved" as the final state according to https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqav3/wiki/#ticket-workflow , better avoid "Closed" :)

Also available in: Atom PDF