2019-10-01 18:00 UTC: openSUSE Heroes meeting October 2019
Where: irc://irc.freenode.net/#openSUSE-admin IRC channel
When: 2019-10-01 18:00 UTC / 20:00 CEST
Who: The openSUSE Heroes team and everybody else!
- Questions and answers from the community
- status reports about everything
- review old tickets
- Helios platform not compatible with leap 15
#2 Updated by mcaj over 3 years ago
- Checklist item changed from [ ] Questions and answers from the community, [ ] status reports about everything, [ ] review old tickets to [ ] Questions and answers from the community, [ ] status reports about everything, [ ] review old tickets, [ ] Helios platform not compatible with leap 15
About the Helios platform, After the update of the server sarabi the service helios server stop working.
- The update of the server was need it. 42.3 is EoL since Jun 2019.
- The project does not look much live https://heliosvoting.org/ last commit in Github was in April 2019.
- The last update in package was a year ago https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:infrastructure:elections.opensuse.org/helios-server
I tried to fix it in https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:mcaj:branches:openSUSE:infrastructure:elections.opensuse.org but it does not work.
I spoke with Tomas Chvatal from SUSE package team and there is no way to fix the package without active develop work on the source code.
So what to do with the service ?