Write community announcement for news.o.o
Based on the announcement and the feature guide & esp highlights, write a draft announcement for news.opensuse.org. This is the MAJOR announcement everybody will link to so it has to KICK ASS!
#3 Updated by lnussel almost 8 years ago
- Checklist set to [ ] Make draft announcement for news.o.o, [ ] Get feedback on the draft news.o.o announcement
- Subject changed from Make draft announcement for news.o.o to Write community announcement for news.o.o
- Due date changed from 2013-11-06 to 2013-11-08
- Parent task deleted (
#6 Updated by Anonymous over 7 years ago
- Checklist changed from [x] Make draft announcement for news.o.o, [ ] Get feedback on the draft news.o.o announcement to [x] Make draft announcement for news.o.o, [ ] Get feedback on the draft news.o.o announcement, [ ] improve, rinse, repeat - and get it ready to go.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 40
A very first draft of the announcement for news.o.o has been made: https://news.opensuse.org/?p=16841&preview=true
Feedback is welcome!
#11 Updated by mlin7442 over 7 years ago
"System Tools" block seems haven't change between 12.3' release announcement. There have 3 items, I'm not sure we put second and third item again is good. Actually my concern is the first one, ie. "support for Bluetooth audio sources and virtual surround sound in PulseAudio 3", I thought we ship PulseAudio 4 with 13.1, no?
#12 Updated by ancorgs over 7 years ago
Since Maxlin urged me for a final version for the translators, I have edited the announcement with the following changes:
- Added Ralf Flaxa quote
- "System tools" part totally rewritten with more up to date information.
- 13.1 screenshots for the "desktops" section. It still lacks up to date screenshots for "virtualization" and "development"
- Using English quoting marks instead of the German ones. ;-)
So please everybody (specially Jos, of course) review.
#13 Updated by mlin7442 over 7 years ago
I've uploaded 4 screenshots:
File:GNOME_Boxes_13.1.png |GNOME Boxes 13.1
about screenshot of SUSEStudio and postgresql, I think we can keep the old one, looks it haven't difference in 13.1.
I've made the same text changes in https://en.opensuse.org/Release_announcement already :)