action #433: Write Press Announcement for openSUSE 13.1
Create a draft press announcement
Take the feature highlights and use them to compose a first draft press announcement.
- Remember the 3x3! From those, pick the most important features to be mentioned. Again, First, Best, Only: something noteworthy.
- The headline summarizes that we released our product ("openSUSE released 13.1"), the sub-title has the most important features that our awesome distro delivers. The following paragraph expands on those and leads to the details that follow.
- Those not reading beyond the first paragraph must know the most important news! So, most important info there. Make sure to clearly answer the 5 W's & H in the first paragraph: Who is this about? What is the actual news? When does this happen? Where does this even take place? Why this is news? How is this happening?
- Include details, numbers, facts and quotes.
- 1 page is best, 2 pages absolute maximum.
Check our previous announcements for more details. 12.3 is here: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2013-03/msg00001.html
- Due date changed from 2013-10-30 to 2013-11-01
- Description updated (diff)
- Start date changed from 2013-10-26 to 2013-10-24
- Due date changed from 2013-11-01 to 2013-11-05
- Due date changed from 2013-11-05 to 2013-11-03
Had to move the date earlier, needs to be finished the Friday before Agustin and Ludwig go to LinuxCon as they have to take the press kit with them.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
Very first announcement draft created, send to oS team ml for feedback.
- % Done changed from 20 to 30
Made minor changes based on feedback. Checked state of KScreen - removed it. Asked a number of top contributors and the board for their input. Also asked on openSUSE-internal.
I really want to hear back from the ARM guys...
- % Done changed from 30 to 80
Received good feedback, made a 1.1 version of the draft announcement. Starting to feel confident about it.
Pending ARM and ActiveDoc validation. Adding Juergen and Dirk as watchers
- % Done changed from 80 to 90
Have a 3rd draft with final quote from Ralf, input from ARM and ActiveDoc teams. Will send for final review to Kevan.
Final press announce draft send to Kevan. Agustin told me to call him - smart move ;-) spoke on the phone, some minor changes should be in my inbox tomorrow morning.
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
Final announcement received back. Assembling presskit...
- Copied to action #4066: Create a draft press announcement added
Also available in: Atom