Take the feature highlights and use them to compose a first draft press announcement.
- Remember the 3x3! From those, pick the most important features to be mentioned. Again, First, Best, Only: something noteworthy.
- The headline summarizes that we released our product ("openSUSE released 13.1"), the sub-title has the most important features that our awesome distro delivers. The following paragraph expands on those and leads to the details that follow.
- Those not reading beyond the first paragraph must know the most important news! So, most important info there. Make sure to clearly answer the 5 W's & H in the first paragraph: Who is this about? What is the actual news? When does this happen? Where does this even take place? Why this is news? How is this happening?
- Include details, numbers, facts and quotes.
- 1 page is best, 2 pages absolute maximum.
Check our previous announcements for more details. 12.3 is here: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2013-03/msg00001.html