Project

General

Profile

Actions

action #35443

closed

action #30649: [tools][openqa] Improve performance by using migrations and external snapshots

action #32968: [kernel][tools] Refactor QEMU backend - Create QEMU process manager and save configuration state

[kernel][tools] QEMU Refactor - Acceptance testing

Added by rpalethorpe almost 6 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
Start date:
2018-04-24
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Test on all architectures and backends. Test with interactive mode.

Actions #1

Updated by rpalethorpe almost 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Blocked
  • Assignee set to rpalethorpe
Actions #2

Updated by rpalethorpe over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from Blocked to In Progress
Actions #3

Updated by rpalethorpe over 5 years ago

  • Target version set to 448
Actions #4

Updated by rpalethorpe over 5 years ago

QEMU's weird treatment of relative paths has reared its ugly head again and prevented qemu-img from running on anything older than 2.10/11 (because -u is missing). So I have decided to finally give in and just use absolute paths everywhere.

Actions #5

Updated by rpalethorpe over 5 years ago

This is probably ready to be tested in staging now. I sent an e-mail to the OpenQA mailing list warning user's about the changes.

Actions #6

Updated by rpalethorpe over 5 years ago

I have created a script which will add the necessary variables semi-automatically (I decided to sanity check the additions manually). However I may need to revert (or find some other solution) the update to the test cases which removes the ARM workaround when UEFI_PFLASH_VARS is present otherwise I can't run the script in advance, which seems like the best option considering the number of test cases which need updating.

Actions #7

Updated by rpalethorpe over 5 years ago

Mudler's testing found a bug in QEMU which I have written a potential fix for: https://github.com/mudler/os-autoinst/pull/1

Actions #8

Updated by rpalethorpe over 5 years ago

al-most-there.... :-D

Actions #9

Updated by rpalethorpe over 5 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

Merged into master.

Actions #10

Updated by sebchlad over 5 years ago

  • Target version changed from 448 to 445
Actions #11

Updated by sebchlad over 5 years ago

  • Target version changed from 445 to Done
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF