[sle][functional][y][medium] Extend test coverage using all-packages medium
|Target version:||QA - future|
With #25452 we have the all-packages medium introduced with SLE15 covered in openQA tests with a "happy-path" test. We should think about extending the existing tests to cover more supported/unknown/unsupported scenarios.
- AC1: The supported/unsupported scenarios are known
- AC2: We know which scenarios we cover by manual tests/automatic tests/no tests
- Experiment with possible scenarios
- Clarify observations with PM/RM/yast, e.g. in bugreports about clarification
- Add useful, valuable test scenarios to openQA, e.g. if it is just about setting test variables
- Optional: Create new test requests in new tickets if any useful, not covered but not trivial test scenarios are found
We already have:
* all-packages-iso+registration: PASSED once, could be added to recurring schedule
#1 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
- Assignee deleted (
$ openqa_clone_job_osd 1404016 GROUP=0 TEST=okurz_all-packages-iso+registration SCC_REGISTER=installation
Created job #1420253: sle-15-Installer-DVD-x8664-Build422.1-skip_registration+all-packages-iso@64bit -> https://openqa.suse.de/t1420253
This job passed the corresponding testing steps and showed in https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1420253#step/zypper_lr/3 a nice yast feature: Both repos are there, offline+online but the all-packages-iso ones are automatically disabled
Right now I could not think of any more interesting scenarios. When anyone has a cool idea please comment here.
#3 Updated by okurz almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][medium]Extend test coverage using all-packages medium to [sle][functional][y][medium] Extend test coverage using all-packages medium
- Target version changed from Milestone 16 to future
M16 is too ambitious and no one came up with cool ideas. Let's postpone any planning until we have further ideas/motivation.