Hardware requirement and date to have the server available are needed. Send to Agustin for Roland.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
I need to know:
- Basic hardware requirements
- What is the machine for? Justification
** Who is going to use it
** Who is going to beneficiate from its use. Why?
- Date we need the machine.
let's collect some data:
I reserved corr - which has 8 cores, 8GB of ram and 500GB of HDD and should be fine
for our use case.
If you buy 2x4 cores, 32G with a 400GB SDD at thomas-krenn at 1HE, you pay
2326€ nett and I bet SUSE gets some discount extra.
So, this is the machine that we need?
I would define it as low entrance.
- Category set to Management
- % Done changed from 0 to 80
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
We need to send the description of the machine that coolo provide. And the date that this machine will be needed.
- Due date changed from 2013-04-04 to 2013-04-26
Delayed deadline since currently the budget for buying hardware is blocked for a few days.
looking at bernhard's machine having 2 SSDs in RAID-1 sounds like a good idea.
Ludwig agrees, so I would go with that spec
So, to conclude the task:
(Updated after talk with Bernhard)
Basic hardware requirements
- CPU 2x4
- 2 HDD 1T
- Est. price: ~3000EUR
What is the machine for?
The machine is to allocate a local openQA instance and test Factory and the future releases of openSUSE. openSUSE Team will be the main user of this service.
Date we need the machine.
- % Done changed from 80 to 90
No, more ram is important for caching - and ram doesn't add much to the price tag
Sent email to Roland and Agustin for budget reserve
- Estimated time set to 1.00 h
Sent to Lars the description of the machine.
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
The machine is now in the server room and openQA in deployed on it
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
Also available in: Atom