Move QA labs NUE-2.2.14-B to Frankencampus labs - recover openQA staging test setup size:M
Machines were moved in #125204, thincsus is connected and cabled but not reachable. We used that machine for openQA staging tests. Either we run the workload from elsewhere or recover thincsus.
- AC1: http://openqa-staging-1.qa.suse.de/ and http://openqa-staging-2.qa.suse.de/ are reachable and run openQA usable for SUSE QE Tools development
- AC2: racktables is up-to-date
- We could try to recover thincsus but a better sustainable solution is to run the workload from elsewhere, e.g. just VMs from qsf-cluster or qamaster or more dynamically
- If we decide to not use thincsus anymore power it off to save power and ensure racktables is up-to-date
- Ensure DNS entries are up-to-date, e.g. https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-sle/qanet-configs/-/blob/master/var/lib/named/master/forward/qa.suse.de#L171
- Tell SUSE QE tools what changed
- Subject changed from Move QA labs NUE-2.2.14-B to Frankencampus labs - recover openQA staging test setup to Move QA labs NUE-2.2.14-B to Frankencampus labs - recover openQA staging test setup size:M
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Due date set to 2023-05-18
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
- Assignee set to okurz
I could connect using virt-manager to thincsus. So I looked at the tty's, get the current ip, login and get MAC addresses to prepare a static DHCP entry.
- Due date changed from 2023-05-18 to 2023-06-09
MR still not merged and no comment despite my plead in https://gitlab.suse.de/OPS-Service/salt/-/merge_requests/3486#note_510304 and https://suse.slack.com/archives/C029APBKLGK/p1684167390074229
Can somebody with merge rights comment on https://gitlab.suse.de/OPS-Service/salt/-/merge_requests/3486 why you don't want to or can't accept?
- Status changed from Blocked to Feedback
https://gitlab.suse.de/OPS-Service/salt/-/merge_requests/3486 merged, DNS entries not yet effective, waiting.
- Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
Both openqa-staging-1.qe.nue2.suse.org and openqa-staging-2.qe.nue2.suse.org are reachable. https://openqa-staging-2.qe.nue2.suse.org/ is reachable. https://stats.openqa-monitor.qa.suse.de/d/KToPYLEWz/failed-systemd-services?orgId=1 shows velociraptor-client and logrotate failing on openqa-staging-2