action #124736: [qe-core] PED-3144 - Y2K38 Epochalypse
[qe-core] Explore possibilities for a time-shifted test environment
To prepare testing for the 2038 issue (See https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/124736) we need to explore options on how to setup a test environment, that runs in year 2038 or later.
We are not sure how this can be implemented in openQA. Perhaps a local timeshift is enough, maybe we need a NTP server on the host or a complete new infrastructure.
This ticket is about exploring possibilities to run tests, where the host system will be time-warped to 01.01.2038 (or later).
- Run a test run, where the system-under-test (SUT) is set to 2038 or later
- Identify and exclude tests within this test run, that are broken. Check if this is relevant
#2 Updated by maritawerner 3 months ago
- Subject changed from Explore possibilities for a time-shifted test environment to [qe-core] Explore possibilities for a time-shifted test environment
#8 Updated by rfan1 2 months ago
#9 Updated by rfan1 about 2 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
#10 Updated by rfan1 about 2 months ago
- Copied to action #127130: [qe-core] Implement a prototype for a time-shifted test environment on TW added
#11 Updated by rfan1 about 1 month ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved