Project

General

Profile

action #120372

OSD deployment fails presumably when handling the changelog

Added by mkittler 3 months ago. Updated 3 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Urgent
Assignee:
Target version:
Start date:
2022-11-14
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

Observation

The deployment fails with:

++ ssh openqa.suse.de 'set -xo pipefail;      sudo salt -C '\''worker2*'\'' cmd.run '\''rpm -q --changelog os-autoinst'\'' | sed '\''s/^    //'\'' > /tmp/os-autoinst-before_changelog &&      sudo salt -C '\''G@roles:worker'\'' cmd.run '\''rpm -qa | grep "\(os-autoinst\|openQA\)" > /tmp/osd-deployment_rpm_q'\'''
+ sudo salt -C 'worker2*' cmd.run 'rpm -q --changelog os-autoinst'
+ sed 's/^    //'
.ERROR: No return received

(https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/osd-deployment/-/jobs/1238261)

Further notes

History

#1 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

Well, we removed worker2 from salt so that should explain it :)

We could change the approach to pick the first salt worker that is currently in the list and responding.

#2 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

  • Due date set to 2022-12-02
  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • Assignee set to okurz

#3 Updated by cdywan 3 months ago

okurz wrote:

https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/osd-deployment/-/merge_requests/51

I feel like we should rethink the purpose of this. Using a random worker to look rpm changelogs can't tell us if the deployment was consistent. We could equally get changelogs straight from OBS.

#4 Updated by mkittler 3 months ago

  • Assignee deleted (okurz)
  • Target version deleted (Ready)

This isn't to validate whether the deployment was consistent. It is to obtain some changelogs for the mail (that are at least valid for a subset of workers). Note that OBS is not necessarily in sync with what we've deployed as well (e.g. a new package might have been built in the meantime). Besides, OBS doesn't know what our last installed version was so we still needed to track at least that.

#5 Updated by mkittler 3 months ago

  • Assignee set to okurz
  • Target version set to Ready

#6 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to In Progress

#7 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

I introduced one problem that the $() was executed prematurely in the CI environment instead of on the remote host. https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/osd-deployment/-/commit/982c8f2c1b8cf177263526d2c11c5de2cecae5ea should fix that. https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/osd-deployment/-/jobs/1240298 confirmed.

#8 Updated by okurz 3 months ago

  • Due date deleted (2022-12-02)
  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF