coordination #58184: [saga][epic][use case] full version control awareness within openQA, e.g. user forks and branches, fully versioned test schedules and configuration settings
coordination #108527: [epic] os-autoinst wheels for scalable code reuse of helper functions and segmented test distributions
Complete unit test coverage (with coverage analysis) in os-autoinst/wheel-launcher
os-autoinst/wheel-launcher is a rather simple "perl project" so let's have full unit test coverage with coverage analysis to provide a good example and template for others to follow
- AC1: os-autoinst/os-autoinst-wheel-launcher has a codecov badge showing 100%
- The main goal is to cover the logic in wheel code so only cover that but don't overdo it
- Optional: Think about a mocked testapi or using backend::null automatically
- Optional: Include style checks, perl tidy, etc.
Looks like coverage isn't tracked at all so far. So I created a draft PR for that (that's likely not working yet due to missing dependencies): https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-wheel-launcher/pull/3
- Status changed from New to Feedback
I'm waiting for a review on https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-wheel-launcher/pull/3. Maybe I can also add unit tests meanwhile (as the existing tests "only" invoke the code via isotovideo).
PR to create unit tests: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-wheel-launcher/pull/5
These tests are relying on heavy mocking. They can help to verify that the logic within the wheel code itself is correct. They cannot show whether the invoked test API functions would really behave as expected. For the sake of reaching 100 % code coverage it should be good enough now.
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
yes, https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-wheel-launcher/blob/main/codecov.yaml#L13 is good enough.