QA - coordination #99303: [saga][epic] Future improvements for SUSE Maintenance QA workflows with fully automated testing, approval and release
coordination #109647: [epic] Future improvements: Simpler investigation of openQA test failures
[tools][spike] Can we change or display job group structure for maintenance job groups to have one job group per team like for product validation and maybe specific products and versions below size:M
the teams of the former SUSE department QA SLE have set up individual job groups within product codestreams on openQA corresponding to their team's work scope. For Maintenance so far there are parent job groups like "Maintenance: Single Incidents" and "Maintenance: Test Repo" with subgroups like "Maintenance: SLE 15 SP3 Incidents" so not split by team scopes. To cover the test scope of Maintenance tests review would be easier if we could apply the same structuring of job groups for Maintenance tests as we already have for product validation tests.
- AC1: Feasibility of changing the job group structure of maintenance tests with expected consequences is documented
- Ask around, e.g. on firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, https://chat.suse.de/channel/testing within the teams what problems could be expected when applying that change on openqa.suse.de
- On a clean openQA instance import an OSD database dump, create a job group structure for maintenance tests similar to the "SLE15" job group and update all "maintenance" tests to show up in the new structure, e.g. with SQL updates
- Discuss or investigate the impact of the changed structure on the behaviour of gitlab.suse.de/maintenance/smelt and https://gitlab.suse.de/qa-maintenance/openQABot/
- Optional: Implement the actual change on OSD in case we found it to be feasible :) In that case maybe start with just part of the structure for a first step?
- Provide the result on a staging instance
If we manage to apply the same structures for Maintenance tests as for product validation we can provide test overview links specific for each team.