Persistent records of I/O usage by process size:M
When alerts are triggered there's a brief window where e.g. htop can be checked but there's no way to observe I/O in running processes afterwards and e.g. observe the biggest 5 offenders.
What are we looking for here? Read/Write I/O
- AC1: Record I/O per process in a non-interactive manner
- AC2: Information about I/O of running processes is kept for 1 week
- Look up the man page of iotop -b "batch mode"
- Check if Telegraf has some support for this
- Add config to salt / https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/salt-states-openqa/