SUSE QE Tools process proposal: Go further on regression fixing
Recently we have caused some regressions in production. Always we were quick to handle but still users were affected.
Whenever we encounter a regression we already try to find at least a second improvement, see https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/qa/wiki#How-we-work-on-our-backlog .
Inspired by https://youtu.be/_Dv4M39Arec I think we can benefit from going further.
Fix the bug, fix the design, fix the process, explore further
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Assignee set to okurz
During SUSE QE Tools estimation session we agreed that it's "workable" and I can take it. There were no clear objections as such but general support for the idea. I plan to propose checklist entries in our "concrete bugs" tickets and/or our "Definition of Done"
- Due date set to 2021-07-20
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
- reference https://youtu.be/_Dv4M39Arec in "How we work on our backlog" where we already had an entry for regression handling
- extend the Definition of Done to include "For regressions: A regression fix is provided, flaws in the design, monitoring, process have been considered"
In https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqav3/wiki/Wiki/diff?utf8=%E2%9C%93&version=123&version_from=122&commit=View+differences I extended https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqav3/wiki/Wiki#Defects with the suggestions for the defect template:
* <Fix the actual problem> * <Consider fixing the design> * <Consider fixing the team's process> * <Consider to explore further>
asking the team if they are ok with that