containers: ensure the failure of the web UI container when Apache fails
We can see in this log https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/1708952#step/single_container_webui/107 how in spite Apache fails the container continues working.
In this test the certificates were removed, and the error was expected running the single container web UI (non docker-compose)
validate_script_output got: AH00526: Syntax error on line 18 of /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/openqa-ssl.conf: SSLCertificateFile: file '/etc/apache2/ssl.crt/server.crt' does not exist or is empty
This could be a problem in a production environment because without Apache the API doesn't work.
- AC 1: Container exits when Apache fails
- AC 2: Container exits when any of the critical processes fails.
In the daily meeting when this was exposed we suggested to create a simple health-check using pgrep to check that Apache is working all the time. This health-check will be included in the container and will be a complement to external health-checks.
#1 Updated by ilausuch about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from containers: ensure the failure of the web UI container when apache fails to containers: ensure the failure of the web UI container when Apache fails
#2 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
- Category changed from Concrete Bugs to Feature requests
- Target version set to future
This is not a regression so no "Concrete Bugs" but "Feature requests"