merge back maintenance updates
maintenance updates from the update project need to be merged back into the main repo
- use osc checkupdate (https://github.com/coolo/factory-auto/osc-plugin-checkupdate.py) to find updated packages
- copy them back using osc copypac -r
- adjust the release number to be higher than in the update repo using FIXME
- remove updates from the update repo by using "osc killupdate NUMBER"
#1 Updated by scarabeus_iv almost 8 years ago
- copy them back using 'osc copypac -e openSUSE:13.1:Update openSUSE:13.1 -m "Update to match Update channel update#."'; On purpose do it by hand without automation to avoid screwups
- adjust the release number by checking the state of the package 'osc getbinaries openSUSE:13.1:Update . standard x86_64' and then writting higher revision to .spec file. To submit this update to repository just use 'osc ci --noservice -m "Add revision to ensure new-enough over Update channel."'
^ this is how I did it. Note that we rather not script it on purpose as this is pretty fragile task as some updates might've been merged by other means.