Configure downsampling and a retention policy for InfluxDB
When working on #64574 I've noticed that we don't have a retention policy and the default policy seems to be storing the data forever. That's likely something we want to adjust in the long term.
- AC1: Downsampling and retention is enabled with at least some sensible settings on the influxdb on monitor.qa.suse.de
- Read https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.0/process-data/common-tasks/downsample-data/ about downsampling
- Read https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2.0/reference/api/influxdb-1x/dbrp/ about retention
- Look into what mkittler has drafted so far (not tested): https://gitlab.suse.de/mkittler/salt-states-openqa/-/commit/1880714e73d467ac5ed9c0a5b5cec4467fc14a20
- Introduce the corresponding changes to limit the storage space used by influxdb, mainly to prevent the storage to run full
found https://towardsdatascience.com/influxdb-data-retention-f026496d708f which is describing a bit of an overview. I have not really understood if we need to define something in a config file or set in the database itself, if we need to run some additional process on a regular base or if that is handled within influxdb as well.
- Target version changed from Ready to future
$ ssh monitor.qa df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/vda2 77G 27G 50G 35% / /dev/vdb1 300G 87G 212G 30% /var/lib/influxdb
I think we have enough headroom for now. Removing from backlog again due to backlog capacity constraints.