Clarification of "openqa" and "infra" queues in https://infra.nue.suse.com/SelfService/CreateTicketInQueue.html
|Target version:||openQA Project - Done|
Last year we had some tickets in the "openqa" queue, which is covered by the SLA between QA SLE and EngInfra, and some tickets in "infra". Experiences:
- + Tickets in the "infra" queue were being worked on faster than in previous years
- - tickets in "openqa" were sometimes neglected for longer times
- - EngInfra-members did not understand what the "openqa" queue is for or did not know of the SLA
- - it is not possible to reply on tickets in "openqa" queue
- https://infra.nue.suse.com/SelfService/Display.html?id=145194 (closed) describes that the ticket queue "openqa" is not open, what problems this causes and why no one wants to change that.
- https://infra.nue.suse.com/SelfService/Display.html?id=147284 (closed) already mentions the problems we have with the "openqa" queue, it was closed suggesting to talk personally so we are going in circles.
#1 Updated by okurz about 1 month ago
mmaher, mawerner, okurz talked:
- mmaher thought we use the "openqa" queue also team-internally, e.g. within QA, to organize work. I don't think this is the case
- mmaher is the only one that would look into openqa queue -> likely to hit times when mmaher is not available
- Do not use openqa queue
- Disable/delete openqa queue to prevent further confusion (this should not be seen as invalidation for the SLA)
- Make everyone within EngInfra aware of the SLA existance and its requirements which are currently anyway implicitly fulfilled by the better work on the normal infra queue
@nsinger do you agree?
#2 Updated by okurz about 1 month ago
In the personal talk mmaher also suggested to open a ticket about that. I already had that with https://infra.nue.suse.com/SelfService/Display.html?id=147284 , it was closed suggesting to talk personally so we are going in circles.
#4 Updated by okurz about 1 month ago
Had a discussion with Evzenie Sujskaja trying to crosscheck mutual expectations, current state and plans. She learned from me that tickets in infra.nue.suse.com by default are not public. Workaround: Put others (even potentially mailing lists) in CC. A new system, potentially based on Jira ServiceDesk is planned. Forwarded SLA to Evzenie as she did not know about it or find it anywhere. The discussion backed by suggestion to not use the openqa ticket queue at all. Evzenie also stated that ARM hardware is managed solely by the architecture team which contradicts the SLA as well.
#5 Updated by okurz about 1 month ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to okurz
- Target version set to Done
Discussed with runger. He will introduce himself to Evzenie and talk about the SLA, how it should be applied, updated, etc.
Updated https://confluence.suse.com/display/openqa/openQA with the recommendation to not use the "openqa" queue. I guess this is all what can be reached with reasonable effort hence closing.