restart "recent incompletes" or "incompletes of today" easier then over web UI
Sometimes, especially when a nightly deployment breaks some stuff or wrong test settings have been applied within test settings before a new build is triggered, after a fix has been applied it is not so easy to "retrigger all related incompletes". For example #55412 is such a case where there are around 50 incompletes which need retriggering. What I use so far is to either reschedule complete builds or in this case walk over https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/?&resultfilter=Incomplete and click the retrigger button. Would be nice to have is at least one of the following alternatives
- a simpler query from CLI, e.g.
openqa-client --host https://openqa.opensuse.org --json-output jobs latest=1 state=done result=incomplete age="<5h"
- batch-retrigger multiple jobs from the web UI by selecting them
- batch-retrigger multiple jobs based on query matches
- know a workaround using direct database queries
- query incomplete jobs based on text pattern matches in the log files
#2 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago
#55505#note-2 shows another use case using direct SQL queries to find all incompletes on a specific worker instance of a specific day.
Would it be good to somehow allow access to SQL? whitelist/blacklist certain parts? over all SQL stuff over abstracted API calls?
#4 Updated by okurz almost 3 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version set to future
https://github.com/os-autoinst/scripts/blob/master/openqa-restart-incompletes-on-worker-instance can help and is good enough for now. Still a nice use case to provide in an extension for the client.