action #32296: openvswitch salt receipe is 'unstable'
[salt] make GRE tunnels salt-states compatible with global worker configuration from pillars
Problem is that in past we had for every worker instance (instance of worker on worker host) defined its own WORKER_CLASS in form:
but now we have Global settings (aarch64) valid for every worker instance (amount defined by numofworkers: 20)
Btw we should also restart wickedd service when the initial mm ovs setup is done to get it working (see poo#32296)
#3 Updated by thehejik over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
Now salt state can read pillar global: WORKER_CLASS definition, see https://gitlab.suse.de/thehejik/salt-states-openqa/commit/21224ee547fc39b4e715ceb50dae6a46fb30f6a3
The rest is still in progress.
#6 Updated by thehejik over 3 years ago
Several things still needed:
- reload GRE config for br1 interface in case GRE remote addresses in /etc/wicked/scripts/pre_up (or its count) have changed - by restarting wicked or wicked ifdown br1 followed by ifup br1
- removal unused ifcfg-tap* devices
- maybe also a cleanup of /run/wicked/nanny for removed interfaces
- use STARTMODE='hotplug' instead of 'auto' for tap devices (then wicked ifreload all works correctly)
#8 Updated by thehejik about 3 years ago
Global WORKER_CLASS definition is now supported. More to come.