bot-ng - pipelines in GitLab fail to pull qam-ci-leap:latest size:M
The the following recent failures:
WARNING: Failed to pull image with policy "always": Error response from daemon: unknown: SSL_connect error: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number (manager.go:237:0s) ERROR: Job failed: failed to pull image "registry.suse.de/qa/maintenance/containers/qam-ci-leap:latest" with specified policies [always]: Error response from daemon: unknown: SSL_connect error: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number (manager.go:237:0s)
- AC1: bot-ng pipelines are executed successfully repeatedly
- The jobs fail well before any script execution so nothing we control within .gitlab-ci.yml, or can we?
- Research upstream what can be done if the initial container image download fails. Maybe we can specify a retry for what the executor is trying to pull. Or we spawn an internal super-mini image and in there call the container pull nested
- Report SD ticket that they should fix the infrastructure
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
- Assignee set to livdywan
As we've not seen failures recently we may not be able to test it but it's still useful as a research task. So as discussed on Jitsi I'm looking into a proof of concept of the container idea without spending too much time on it.
- Due date changed from 2023-08-25 to 2023-09-08
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
Discussed in weekly tools team meeting. gitlab has moved to PRG2 so maybe the error will not effectively happen again. I suggest you just wait some days/weeks if the error reproduces.