tickets #117442: [Regression] Regression test for SLED
tickets #117895: [Regression][RemoteLogin] Remote Login components of regression tests
[Regression][RemoteLogin] Remote Login: Persistent VNC Session with tigervnc and xvnc
SLED using vinagre access SLES with xvnc and session management(VNCManager) enabled, connecting to a new session and reconnect to it
- run as root user: yast2 remote
- Click "Allow Remote Administration With Session Management" option
- Check "Open Port in Firewall"
- Click "OK"
- Press "Alt-f2" then input "r" to restart gdm
- You have to log out the test user's session first, Multiple logins are not supported
- Launch gnome-terminal in SLED as normal user then input "vncviewer"
- Enter the host(eg: IP:1) into the VNC server field and click "Connect"
- There will be a popup window named "hostname mismatch" if your connection does not use TLS, then click "Yes"
- Input the password and log in the system
- Session configuration(in the vncviewer session)
- Click vncmanager-controller icon in the tray, you can also start it by vncmanager-controller command
- Select "Persistent, visible" for the Persistence and Visibility configuration
- Select "Allow multiple clients at time" for the Sharing configuration
- Click Ok to close the window
- Launch nautilus
- Close vncviewer
- Connect to the server again using vncviewer
- Select the one you left, enter username and password
- Open the second tab in gnome-terminal and launch another instance of vncviewer, then Connect to the server too
- Close the second vncviewer
- Log out in the first vncviewer to terminate the connection
- vncviewer can be launched successfully
- It starts a graphical login screen
- Log in successfully with no errors
- You could see the configuration window
- Nautilus launched
- vncviewer can be closed
- You should see output of vncmanager-greeter offering you start of new session or reconnecting to the one you left
- You should be back in the session and nautilus is still running
- You should see output of vncmanager-greeter and log in the exist session successfully
- The second vncviewer can be closed successfully
- The connection can be terminated