tickets #117442: [Regression] Regression test for SLED
tickets #117895: [Regression][RemoteLogin] Remote Login components of regression tests
[Regression][RemoteLogin] Remote Login: One-time VNC Session with tigervnc and xvnc
SLED using tigervnc access SLES with xvnc enabled
Server: SLES12SP3 with xvnc enabled but without session management
- run as root user: yast2 remote
- Click "Allow Remote Administration Without Sessions Management"
- Check "Open Port in Firewall"
- Click "OK"
- Press "Alt-f2" then input "r" to restart gdm
- You have to log out the test user's session first, Multiple logins are not supported
- Launch gnome-terminal in SLED as normal user then input "vncviewer"
- Enter the host(eg: IP:1) into the VNC server field and click "Connect"
- There will be a popup window named "hostname mismatch" if your connection does not use TLS, then click "Yes"
- Input the password and log in the system
- Launch some applications and do some random operation
vncviewer can be launched successfully
It starts a graphical login screen
Log in successfully with no errors
vncviewer can be closed and it terminates the VNC conncetion