SLED15 is using Wayland by default, there are two ways to figure out which type of session you're running.
- Wayland session should have WAYLAND_DISPLAY variable set, X11 session should not have it:
$ echo $WAYLAND_DISPLAY
- loginctl can give you this information.
First run 'loginctl' in terminal and find your session number (it should be an integer number, with your username and seat assigned).
Then look at the session type (x11 or wayland):
$ loginctl show-session -p Type
- Install SLED15 and log in via the default desktop session, then check if wayland session is in use.
- Change your resolution.
- Launch some apps then drag the app window and adjust the window size.
- Connect the system to an external monitor.
- Switch to other desktop sessions then switch back to the default session
- Log in to desktop successfully and your session type should be wayland
- The resolution should be changed.
- Applications work fine.
- The external monitor should display as expected
- Switching between wayland and X session should works fine.