SLED using Remmina with NLA enabled and NLA disabled access Windows
Server: Windows 10
open Settings and select System -> About.
Note the PC name. You'll need this later. Then, under Related
settings, select System info.
In the left pane of the System window, select Advanced system settings.
On the Remote tab of the System Properties dialog box, under
Remote Desktop, select Allow remote connections to this
computer, and then select OK.
Next, in Settings, select System > Power & sleep and check to make sure Sleep is set to Never.
- Setup the Windows server without NLA enabled
- Run Remmina (Remote Desktop Viewer)
- Click the plus button then choose RDP as Protocol
- Type your Windows hostname or address
- Type in the name of a user in the system
- Set resolution to 800x600
- Hit connect to continue, provide a user password if requested and accept a certificate if asked for
- Disconnect, and try again with different resolution and then again also with "Fullscreen" on
- Setup the Windows server with NLA enabled then repeat step1 to step8
6/8. While connecting, if you've been asked for and accepted a certificate the first time, you are not asked again on subsequent connection attempts.
Connection is successful and you can see and manipulate the Windows desktop with any given resolution and also in fullscreen.