- Launch seahorse from
- open "Passwords and Encryption Keys" from Application Browser
- run command "seahorse" in terminal
- Create a PGP key
- choose "PGP Key" , touch "continue" button.
- input "full name" and "email address" for PGP key.
- A test for PGP key
(3.1) machine A:
new PGP key (named PGP-A), export PGP-A（Expand the PGP Keys -> GnuPG Keys -> Click the item you created）
(3.2) machine B:
echo "some message" > fileB
run "gpg2 -e -f PGP-A.pgp fileB", and generate a *.pgp (named B.pgp)
(3.3) machine A:
run "gpg2 -d B.pgp", windows of ask for "PGP key" pops up, then input PGP-A, generate fileB and it is clear text.
- If you can't see the key you just imported, check "View -> Show Any"
VP1. seahorse be launched without any error message output.
VP2. PGP key be created successfully, it can be found in "My Personal Keys" Tab.
VP3. PGP key works fine.