SLED using tigervnc access a SLES which is already using a desktop and the multiple login is detected by gdm and refused
Server: SLES12SP3 with xvnc enabled but without session management
- run as root user: yast2 remote
- Click "Allow Remote Administration Without Sessions
- Check "Open Port in Firewall"
- Click "OK"
- Press "Alt-f2" then input "r" to restart gdm
- You have to log in the graphical session before the remote access
Note: You have to log in the graphical session in SLES before the remote access
- Launch gnome-terminal in SLED as normal user then input "vncviewer"
- Enter the host(eg: IP:1) into the VNC server field and click "Connect"
- There will be a popup window named "hostname mismatch" if your connection does not use TLS, then click "Yes"
- Input the password and log in the system
vncviewer can be launched successfully
It starts a graphical login screen
Log in failed with notification:
Sorry, You have to log out a previous session first, Multiple logins are not supported.