to not overcrowd job details setting pages we should invent a special prefix which only applies to schedule variables, like we already use _OBSOLETE and _ONLY_OBSOLETE_SAME_BUILD and do not forward such variables to the job.
This could even help us to streamline variables used by our tooling but not directly by test.
- AC1: specially-prefixed variables are visible in the scheduled product settings but not added as job settings
Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
For more context from #108944#note-4:
Why is it so hard to find out starting from an openQA job details page why that job was created [in particular for QA maintenance related jobs]?
- Scheduling settings don't contain an URL to e.g. some GitLab pipeline that did the scheduling. -> helpful in general but in the specific case we were encountering "missing jobs" rather than "wrongly scheduled jobs"
- -> When scheduling openQA tests from bot-ng add two more settings, the URL pointing to a certain incident as shown on the dashboard, e.g. https://dashboard.qam.suse.de/incident/23309 . And as second setting the gitlab CI job URL that triggered
- -> make URL clickable on https://openqa.suse.de/admin/productlog?id=887145 same as for the job settings page
So the point "make URL clickable" is addressed by https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/4592/commits/a4bb44fd3397c89c3ffd6465062a45c04cb0726e as part of https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/4592 . Will you also look into "When scheduling openQA tests from bot-ng add two more settings"? I guess you could add both settings near https://github.com/openSUSE/qem-bot/blob/7a3bd4d9dde1a6246d404d0b716a5af320d0162b/openqabot/types/incidents.py#L105= as well as https://github.com/openSUSE/qem-bot/blob/e4e831e242ea47d96254616bdc3a1009db41ee09/openqabot/types/aggregate.py#L154= , at best of course without duplicating.