Verify fix for https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1192126 regarding QEMU+OVMF, ensure updated packages on o3 size:M
https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1192126 is RESOLVED FIXED. As a temporary workaround we currently have some pinned packages on both o3+osd workers. After verifying the fix we should ensure that all o3+osd workers have up-to-date non-pinned packages installed.
- AC1: bug is VERIFIED FIXED
- AC2: No locked ovmf packages on o3+osd workers
- Read https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1192126#c0 to understand what the original problem looked like in openQA tests
- Remove package lock on any o3 worker and upgrade package
- Ensure that the package is at least the version described in https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1192126#c22 which has the fix
- Check (retriggered) UEFI tests for success
- Set bug to VERIFIED FIXED with an according explanation
- Remove package locks on all other o3+osd workers and upgrade
- If bug is actually not fixed then reopen with according information
- Subject changed from Verify fix for https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1192126 regarding QEMU+OVMF, ensure updated packages on o3 to Verify fix for https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1192126 regarding QEMU+OVMF, ensure updated packages on o3 size:M
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
So the concrete package names are
qemu-seabios can be unlocked as well (still locked on some o3 workers).
The patched version (https://build.suse.de/request/show/261091) is already deployed on OSD workers despite the locks. The SR has been accepted on 2021-12-23 and the locks have been added on 2012-12-24¹. That would explain how the new version could be deployed despite locks. Since we're using the new version already for three weeks I suppose it works but I'll try to cross-check some jobs.
¹ At least that's the last time locks have been touched:
martchus@openqaworker3:~> l /etc/zypp/locks -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 156 24. Dez 16:34 /etc/zypp/locks
On the other hand, the package got installed at the same time the lock has been created:
martchus@openqaworker3:~> rpm -qa --last qemu-ovmf-x86_64 qemu-ovmf-x86_64-202008-10.11.1.noarch Fr 24 Dez 2021 16:34:29 CET
Maybe the attempt to downgrade the package simply failed.
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
It looks like the new version works, e.g. https://openqa.suse.de/tests/7958092, https://openqa.suse.de/tests/7957551 and https://openqa.suse.de/tests/7957545 (found relevant jobs via
select job_id, value, (select result from jobs where id = job_id) from job_settings where key = 'UEFI_PFLASH_VARS' and value like '%ovmf%' order by job_id desc limit 50;). I marked the ticket VERIFIED FIXED.
So I simply removed the locks on OSD and o3. As mentioned before, the latest package is already installed on OSD and on o3 the latest package will be installed on the next nightly update automatically.
It looks generally good on OSD and o3 but I've seen some failures on o3 and I'm not sure whether they are related: