come up with btrfs story for beta1
we need to make a story about btrfs for beta1.
Maybe you can think of something creative for the announcement?
Maybe ask Jeff to write about it?
#2 Updated by Anonymous almost 8 years ago
Provisional plan to promote btrfs testing:
- btrfs should be part of all our communication from now on... hackaton, beta, RC's, etc
- make it central to the testing story for the beta
- do a sneak peek (needs input from Jeff)
- do an openSUSE team blog on it
- try to get a SUSEcom blog on it
- (of course, it'll have the popup in Beta)
Emailed this to Jeff, asked his input on how to promote btrfs: what are benefits; what workloads/hardware benefits most.
#5 Updated by Anonymous almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 40 to 100
#7 Updated by Anonymous almost 8 years ago
I have also been promoting BTRFS news, openSUSE related or not, over our social media channels. For example: https://plus.google.com/b/110312141834246266844/110312141834246266844/posts/TK9EFphhhr4
note that we have collegues commenting in there, not always positive.
Asked Jeff to reply there and give some update on his argument that ext4 is less mature than btrfs. Would be great to have a public source for that.