Agree on what can be delivered by end of October
Agree on what can be delivered by end of October to fulfill promise to PM and see if it's good enough.
- No build issues in openSUSE:Jump:15.2
- Jump 15.2 media builds pass openqa.
- No regressions (bugs, update experience ... e.g. package list) compared to Leap 15.2 (with exception of rejected features that will be communicated over release-notes for 15.2.1)
- Migration testing from Leap 15.2 to Jump 15.2.1 passes
- Migration testing from Jump 15.2.1 to SLE passes
- Maintenance setup is available, tested and works
JIRA-722 (SLE requests by community members) is resolved and deployed to production, OBS-63 request mirroring (OBS -> IBS) is deployed to production.
Additionally I'd like to have pre-agreed scheme of versioning for the content of Media (not necessarily openqa, obs etc, that are not visible by end user).
e.g. That is expected to be in os-release, in zypper $releasever what is expected on boot screen, what's expected product provides in release-package (some are tricky).
#2 Updated by lkocman about 1 year ago
We would then have a mini interlock https://confluence.suse.com/display/leap/Interlock prior ahead of the release to decide whether we go or no-go
#9 Updated by lkocman about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Agreed https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/ClosingTheLeapGap-20200924-interlock-discussion I did not receive any further comments than from Bernhard so I suppose it's final.
openSUSE Jump 15.2.1 interlock what are we signing off on October 19th.
Signoff will be done by CtlG Weekly update stakeholders https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/ClosingTheLeapGap-meeting
- The Availability of SUSE signed rpms without a geolocation limit. Simplified can we ship it?
- Migration of Leap 15.2 to Leap 15.2.1. Not necessarily the older releases. Our docs say you need to migrate from release to release and follow the n+1 migration scenario (do not skip any release in between).
- Migration from Leap 15.2.1 -> SLE 15 SP2 is working We need to document that the user needs to enable update repositories, or the user has to use the image for the latest Quarterly Update
- No blockers on openQA https://openqa.opensuse.org/group_overview/75 soft fails or documented known issues are okay
- Maintenance setup is set up and tested
- All features that are implemented in SLE-15-SP3 need to be currently rebuilt in openSUSE Jump (with is_opensuse) so we do not regress in features. With exception of features that were rejected and the openSUSE community agreed to drop feature (currently only qemu-kvm/SDL2 integration)
- Avoid build failures, unless an exception was granted for a particular package.
- Sign off on the current setup Jump build infrastructure as far as submission and pre-integration workflow goes.
- SLE Feature requests can be filed by community https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Jump:OBS:SRMirroring https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Jump/Policy/SubmitRequests