action #53570

Failed service "logrotate" on aarch64.o.o and openqaworker1.o.o

Added by okurz 8 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:ResolvedStart date:30/06/2019
Priority:LowDue date:
Assignee:okurz% Done:


Target version:openQA Project - Done


logrotate and openvswitch – at least on transactional server – have a problem, the systemd service of "logrotate" fails correspondingly. Reported as

Related issues

Copied to openQA Infrastructure - action #53573: Failed service "irqbalance" on aarch64.o.o Resolved 30/06/2019


#1 Updated by okurz 8 months ago

  • Copied to action #53573: Failed service "irqbalance" on aarch64.o.o added

#2 Updated by okurz 5 months ago

Unfortunately no response in bug, error still happens. pinged bug assignee in

#3 Updated by okurz 4 months ago

  • Status changed from Blocked to Resolved
  • Target version set to Done

I have updated the bug in . Apparently the problem is upgrade-related. Fresh installs will not have this problem as directories and files will be setup with proper user and group from the beginning. For now I fixed the problem manually by ensuring that /var/log/openvswitch/ and the files within are owned by openvswitch.hugetlbfs on both openqaworker1.o.o and aarch64.o.o where we have the openvswitch package installed.

Also available in: Atom PDF