We need to sit together with some conference goers, not too echo-chamber-y, to bounce off ideas and priorities, then make choices about the list.
#1 Updated by Anonymous over 9 years ago
People I'd like to have there:
- Kenneth Wimer
- Cassio Camanho
- Henne Vogelsang
- Andreas Jaeger
- NUE SUSE Marketing people
- openSUSE Team members who are interested/have booth experience
- anyone on openSUSE-internal who wants to be involved
- perhaps openSUSE community members - Izabel, Bryen, Kostas (other Greeks?) and Richard would be good choices.
- as it is openSUSE business, it'll be Google Hangout.
Should be 1 hour at most, probably less.
#4 Updated by Anonymous over 9 years ago
- % Done changed from 20 to 100
We had the meeting, forgot (of course) to update this item. Report on meeting:
We had a meeting last Wednesday about the booth box contents. I've done the additional research, implemented the suggestions, re-calculated weight and costs and made a final proposal now. The changes I made are part of the notes at the end of the mail.
New metrics for costs and weight:
- Big box costs Eur ~1100, weight 50kg with 1000 DVD's (took out 200)
- Small box costs Eur ~700, weight 20.5kg with 200 DVD's (took out 200) I estimate that these costs and weight are +/- 10%.
Note that in this proposal the small box does NOT contain the booth tools (tape, markers and powerstrip) as those would add an additional 2.3 kg. Once we have assembled a first version of the box we can revisit this - see if there is room, or if we make room by taking out another 100 DVD's or some of the booth materials.
On the bottom of the wiki page I made a list of weights and costs to give an idea what we spend the money on. For example, over 1/3rd of the small box (both in terms of money and weight) is taken in by the materials for the booth itself, the other 2/3 is shared between give-aways, with most of the money in the goodies (eg tatoos) and most of the weight in the 'informative' stuff (DVD's and flyers).
I will send a list of the artwork that we will need once I have assembled it, I'll probably do that today, if not next week Monday. I can start ordering a few things but many need artwork. Agustin, tell me when I can begin to order things.
Notes from meeting:
- add first aid kit
- Pick wired devices, otherwise it gets stolen!
- buttons: magnet really needed. but can be bought separate, they stick to the pin
- electronics: let's not do that this year, maybe next.
- go for 2 table cloths 2x2.5m
- go for green safety vests with logo instead of t-shirts etc
- Go for caps and bandanas, 4 caps, 4 bandanas. +Eur 40, +.5kg
- go for the more expensive nametags (with magnet) instead of the cheaper buttons. +Eur 40, +100g
- geeko stamp - nice, but let's see next year.
- Not going to do ARM things, if the arm team has a good idea we can talk but it's more for next year.
- we need pens... But good ones. Not too many. -> 1000 it is, ~50ct each
- Tatoos are excellent - something new.
- beer mats? Cool, cool...
- posters get damaged - many don't make it home.
- calendar, cheat sheet, github cheat sheet
- go for the geeky posters. need to be A3. Very cool! 100 is maximum, that's already 1.5 kg. Weight is an issue for wood
- wristband - festival, textile stuff - ppl would keep it on.
- it would be nice to have something 'incremental' - the wristbands do that, stuff should have changing logo, year on it.
- like the KDE business cards. puzzle-like thingy?
- necklace? one where you can put different things on.
- Decision: give-aways will be wristbands, tatoos and cheatsheets
- info on the box: event, person, contact in case of emergency, trash box? 1 generic sticker with contents
- include trash bag!