Project

General

Profile

action #14280

action #11334: decomission svn.opensuse.org

Weblate shows 2 Indonesian translation category

Added by mlin7442 over 5 years ago. Updated over 4 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Low
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2016-10-18
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:

Description

see https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/zypper/master/ and https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/yast-slide-show/master/
it has 2 translation category for Indonesian, one is "id" and another one is "in", "id" should be the proper one for Indonesian, not sure what "in" is.
but have 2 entries for Indonesian seems wrong.


Checklist

  • Fix po files
  • Upgrade Weblate
  • Check po files once again
  • Remove whiteboard message after solving of all suggestions

History

#1 Updated by sbrabec over 5 years ago

Weblate defines 'in' as an alias for old locale code of Indonesian:
https://github.com/nijel/weblate/blob/2600accae949d2e83161d827d77649e29fc8f65f/weblate/lang/data.py#L859

Having both is a bad idea.

More projects are affected:
libgnomesu/master
eiciel/master
zypper/master
yast-slide-show/master
libgettextdemo/master
yast-auth-client/master

Note that translations diverged. I will delete 'in', and string that are different will be uploaded as change suggestions to 'id'.

You have to review them then.

#2 Updated by medwin over 5 years ago

mlin7442 thanks for your effort to report on this matters. sbrabec thanks for taking care of this. I will review them as soon as you delete it.

#4 Updated by sbrabec over 5 years ago

  • Checklist item changed from to [x] Fix po files, [ ] Upgrade Weblate, [ ] Check po files once again, [ ] Remove whiteboard message after solving of all suggestions

Done. Keeping the issue open. It needs to check once again after the Weblate upgrade.

#5 Updated by lnussel over 5 years ago

  • Project changed from openSUSE Leap 42.2 Release to openSUSE Release Process
  • Parent task set to #11334

#7 Updated by sbrabec about 5 years ago

lnussel wrote:

Also in
https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/skelcd-opensuse/master/

Thanks for pointing to that. I did find -name in.po. Now I did also find -name *.in.po and fixed that single match.

#8 Updated by lnussel about 5 years ago

So is this fully fixed now? All checkmark items done?

#9 Updated by lnussel about 5 years ago

Stanislav?

#10 Updated by sbrabec about 5 years ago

All po files are fixed now.

The issue is open as some parts of the check still need to be completed. With Weblate 2.6 it can still re-appear.

#11 Updated by lnussel about 5 years ago

So what can we do about it?

#12 Updated by sbrabec about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Priority changed from Normal to Low
  • % Done changed from 0 to 90

Just re-check after upgrade of Weblate to a new version that prevents from re-occurring.

The Checklist is valid.

#13 Updated by lnussel over 4 years ago

done?

#14 Updated by sbrabec over 4 years ago

The UI part is done. Weblate should now prevent in creating of two equivalent translations.

But I found packages-i18n/a-master/in/po/libreoffice.in.po.

I will merge and then it will be done.

#15 Updated by sbrabec over 4 years ago

  • Checklist item changed from to [x] Upgrade Weblate

#16 Updated by sbrabec over 4 years ago

  • Checklist item changed from to [x] Check po files once again

#17 Updated by sbrabec over 4 years ago

  • Checklist item changed from to [x] Remove whiteboard message after solving of all suggestions

#18 Updated by sbrabec over 4 years ago

  • % Done changed from 90 to 100

packages-i18n got the change:

commit 79a20a46965e68038e8c8dc815b91ecb58956306 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: Stanislav Brabec sbrabec@suse.com
Date: Wed Jul 19 18:31:21 2017 +0200

Rename in locale files to id

https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/14280

#19 Updated by lnussel over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF